100 Word Challenge-Week-6- Patricia Róisín

One day Mum was rushed into hospital because she was 7 months pregnant. She gave birth to a lovely baby boy called Dylan. Mum saw the Doctors talking about baby Dylan. “What’s wrong” shouted mum “Is my baby ok? John go with him, don’t let our baby go by himself, he needs you.”  Dad went running with baby Dylan but soon he came back. “He doesn’t have any eyesight” he told Mum very sadly. Four years later they brought him to the hospital because he had to get his eyes checked out every four years. “He is still blind” replied the Doctor. Dylan was very, very sad. “Ma ma, will I ever be able to see?”

“Well, oh, hmmmmm I dont know”, cried Mum. Four years later when they returned to the hospital, the Doctor looked in his eyes.  It was as if a miracle had occurred “Mum” screeched Dylan “who is that looking at me?”

Whenever we ask Dylan what happened that day he says “It was a miracle as if a bright light shone in my eyes and suddenly I was able to see again!”

4 thoughts on “100 Word Challenge-Week-6- Patricia Róisín

1. Is mise Joshua.Bhi me o rang Mrs Boyce.Is brea liom a bheith ag dornalaiocht.

Great story.I was hoping he would get his eyesight back

2. What a wonderful ending! It must have been magical to be able to see things for the first time. Given this miracle I’d have liked to have read more about how he learnt to get used to sight – he’d have to be told all about colours etc, I daresay – and you could have cut some of the lines about his birth. The problem is you’ve written nearly 200 words which is twice as much as the challenge allows.